At the event
For the second time, Parimatch Tech hosted the Universal Sports & Games Hackathon (#USGH), which was broadcast online from the PMHUB event space. In the 48 hours of this hackathon, developers, marketers and designers created innovative products and fought for a prize pool of $ 8,000.
In total, over 500 people took part in #USGH. The geography has also expanded — this time participants from 14 countries, including the Netherlands, Germany, Canada, and even Uruguay and Cameroon, have joined the hackathon. 62 teams suggested their ideas, 25 of which reached the finals. 8 teams became the winners.
Here are the teams whose own ideas have won prizes:
- 1st place, Xpux — a mathematical game emphasizing logic and planning.
- 2nd place, Et cetera, a Mr. Cooper minigame for breaks between e-sports matches; and Rigus – quizzes for breaks.
- 3rd place, AstroHamsters — a widget that uses algorithms to detect fraudulent activity on a website.
The following teams became the winners of various challenges:
- Dro-west-dev — a service allowing to create streams in ten minutes.
- A2KO — a technology for tracking and displaying the heart rate of esports athletes during a match.
- 12Climb (OneTwoClimb) — an app for school students and teachers for teaching and practicing rock climbing.
- PlayGG — a service for visualizing statistics in real time.
A special prize from JKR was awarded to one of the winners of the “own projects” nomination – the AstroHamsters team.